WATCH | Thinking Long Term; How will future long-term-care costs affect my financial plan?
Dan Slater, an actuary at Core Income Advisors, helps us understand long-term-care coverage options in his March 8 webinar titled, "Prepare for a Healthier Future | A Closer Look at Long-Term-Care-Coverage Options and Cost." He provides us with a number of strategies for protecting our assets from the high-cost of retirement healthcare expenses.
Please click below to watch it.
What you'll learn from this webinar:
• Different strategies for protecting your assets from the high-cost of retirement healthcare expenses
• How to evaluate options for home, assisted living and nursing homes
• How to leverage your assets to make sure you are never reliant on your children or dependent on your state while in retirement
• The cost of long-term care services and common strategies for covering these costs
Did you know?
Medicare only pays for long-term care if you require skilled services or rehabilitative care and Medicare does not pay for non-skilled assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL), which make up the majority of long-term care services.**
You can also learn more about long-term care and the coverage options in the Talis Advisors blog, "Is Long-Term-Care Coverage in Your Tool Box?"
Do you have an old life policy? Read this: American Association for Long-Term Care Insurance Raises Awareness About 1035 Exchanges.
* The Affluent Investor: Financial behaviors and the investor’s mindset, Vanguard and Spectrem Group